Here are five reasons why you should spend as much time planning your outdoor lighting as you do for your interiors.
- By lighting up paths, walkways and garages you increase your security, which can deter potential intruders.
- In brighter, lighter areas you will be able to see where you are going and reduce the risk of tripping and falling.
- Warm lighting creates a welcoming environment when guests arrive at your home.
- Light up those special areas in your garden such as mature trees and architectural features.
- Well planned outdoor lighting will add value to your home.
If you don't know where to start, speak to your local electrician who will be able to offer help and advice about lighting up your outdoor areas.