5 tips for a healthy cat
As with most things, prevention is better than cure, so here are 5 ways you can keep your cat healthy and happy.
- Groom your cat regularly. Whether your cat has long or short fur, they will benefit from regular brushing or combing. This helps to remove dead hair so they don’t ingest it while self-grooming.
- Make sure they drink plenty of fresh water, which is essential for your cat’s good health. Provide a fresh supply of water every day.
- Keep your cat’s teeth clean. Like humans, cats can develop tartar on their teeth, leading to gum disease and decay. It can be difficult to brush a cat’s teeth so to it’s best to schedule a cleaning session with your vet once a year.
- One of the most common health issues seen by vets in cats is being overweight. It's very easy to overfeed a cat but try to be firm and keep an eye on their waistline!
- Make sure you schedule an annual visit to your vet for a check-up. Being proactive will catch any problems early before they turn into big, potentially expensive ones.