The olive oil pastry is simple to prepare but you can use frozen shortcrust pastry instead if you want to speed things up. You can also make it vegetarian by leaving out the chorizo.
150g leek, finely sliced
2tsp fresh thyme leaves
½ cup sour cream
½ cup milk
1 egg, lightly whisked
1tsp salt and pepper
- Sauté the leeks in the butter until soft. Set aside to cool a little while you measure the remaining ingredients.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, add the cooled leeks and stir until combined.
- Pour into a prepared tart shell and bake at 180C for around 25 minutes (cooking time will vary depending on the shape and depth of your tin). It’s ready when the middle is set and the top is golden.
- Enjoy warm or cold.
Olive oil pastry
- Place 125g wholemeal flour and 125g plain flour in a large bowl with 1tsp salt. Add 60ml olive oil and 120ml cold water and stir until just combined.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until it forms a ball. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for around 30 minutes.
- Roll out to 3mm thick in the desired shape and size for your tin.
- Line your tin with the pastry, press into the corners, trim the excess and prick the bottom a few times.
- Blind bake in a pre-heated 180C oven for 15 minutes before adding filling.