Don’t forget the outdoors when selling your home
As the old saying goes ‘you only get one chance to make a great first impression’. Here are 8 things you can do to your home’s exterior to make sure potential buyers don’t drive straight past.
- Make sure your lawn, hedges, trees, and other plants are well-maintained and pull out any weeds.
- Make sure your windows are sparkling clean and clear of cobwebs.
- Exterior paintwork should be in good condition without any flaking or peeling.
- Paint the fence in a dark colour – this will make it disappear into the background and highlight the plants in front of it.
- Make sure your path leading up to the house is clean and weed-free. Make any repairs if necessary.
- Remove any dead or dying plants and replace them with fresh, new ones! You can also put some new plants in pots to brighten the front of your home.
- Consider repainting your front door. Research has shown that a deep blue or slate grey colour has great appeal.
- Make sure all your guttering and downpipes are in good condition. If they are rusty or broken, potential buyers will see it as a sign that the house hasn’t been well maintained.
A great real estate agent will be able to give you help and advice regarding what you need to do to your home to get the best possible result when selling.