1 cup pistachio nuts
1 cup cashew nuts
1 tbsp coriander seeds
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1 tbsp salt flakes
1. Roast the nuts and seeds on a tray in a 180ºc oven for about 10 minutes.
2. Check and stir frequently to prevent burning.
3. Allow to cool before pulsing in small batches in a food processor to a coarse breadcrumb consistency.
4. Avoid over-processing as it will become powdery.
5. Add salt to taste and pour into clean jars.
Serve dukkah with olive oil and fresh bread or sprinkle it over salads, roasted vegetables or pasta. It also adds fantastic flavour to grilled fish - simply coat the fillets before cooking.