- Choose a movie from a streaming service or from your own collection of DVDs that everyone will enjoy watching.
- If you can’t agree, write down a few movie titles on pieces of scrap paper and have a lucky dip – whichever movie is drawn is the final decision!
- To make it a bit more fun, design movie tickets for everyone – this could be a job for the kids.
- Make some popcorn.
- Get out the beanbags, cushions and blankets (if it’s a bit cold) and make sure everyone is comfortable.
- Close the curtains or blinds to make the room dark.
- Sit back, relax and enjoy the movie.
- Have a short break in the film to get your choc tops out of the freezer!
Make your own choc tops!
To make it a true cinema experience, you can even make your own choc tops.
Ingredients (makes 12)
- 12 flat-bottomed ice-cream cones
- 1 litre ice-cream (you choose)
- 200g chocolate
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- Stand the ice cream cones on a tray and add a scoop of ice cream to each one (push it down firmly into the cone to it won’t fall out when you dip it in the chocolate).
- Freeze for 20-30 mins.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave (20-30 seconds at a time, stirring in between) until melted and smooth.
- Add the vegetable oil, stir & allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Dip the ice cream into the melted chocolate, shake off the excess and return to the freezer to set.
- Try not to eat them all at once!