100g haloumi, grated
1 cup sweetcorn kernels (kernels cut from 1 large cob or 2 small ones)
3/4 cup finely-chopped kale (1 large leaf, stalk removed)
2 spring onions, finely sliced
4 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp cornflour
1/2 tsp salt
Vegetable oil for shallow frying
- Place the haloumi, sweetcorn, kale and spring onions in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the flour, cornflour and salt over the mixture and stir until everything is mixed and coated with flour.
- Whisk the eggs and drizzle them into the bowl. Stir until combined and the vegetables are just coated with the batter.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp oil in a frying pan (use enough oil to just cover the bottom of the pan) over medium heat.
- Place heaped tablespoons of the mixture into the hot pan and flatten with a spatula to form a disc shape. Cook in small batches, so each fritter has space around it in the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden, adjusting the heat as necessary.
- Makes 8-9 fritters.
Avocado Dipping Sauce
Here's a great dipping sauce to go with your fritters. Place ½ cup plain Greek yogurt, ½ well-mashed avocado, 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce and 2 tsp chopped coriander into a small bowl. Stir until combined.