- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Food colouring
- Cold water for thinning if required
- Combine the flour, salt, and 1 cup of water in a saucepan.
- Stir briskly over a low heat. The mixture will be lumpy at first, then become smooth and then thicken into a paste.
- When it turns into a paste remove it from the heat.
- Whisk in cold water a few tablespoons at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Separate into different paint containers for the different colours.
- Add your food colourings of choice.
- Allow to cool completely, then paint with a brush or your fingers!
Stored in an airtight container, the paint will last for up to a month
Make it sparkly
Unicorns need a little bling, add glitter to your paint for the perfect result
Don’t just use a paint brush
Everyday items around the house make great tools for applying paint. Give some of these a try:
- Your hands!
- Old kitchen spatulas to spread and smooth lots of paint.
- Cut dish sponges into shapes and use as stamps.
- Drag an old comb through your paint to create lines.
- Roll the wheels of a toy car through the paint for texture tracks.
- Put paint onto flowers and leaves from your garden and then press onto paper
- Paint bubble wrap and use as a stamp for a cool texture