Pretzel Caramel Brittle
150g caster sugar
150g golden syrup
4 tbs water
100g dark chocolate
- Line a large baking sheet with baking paper and spread the pretzels evenly on the tray - it’s ok if they overlap.
- Place the sugar, golden syrup, butter and water into a saucepan over low-medium heat. Stir gently until the ingredients have melted and started to bubble.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes (to test, drizzle half a teaspoonful into a glass of cold water; if the caramel hardens, it’s ready). Never leave the pan unattended and turn the heat down if the bubbles rise too close to the top of the pan.
- Spoon the caramel evenly all over the pretzels and set aside to cool and harden.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle it over the top.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, then break the brittle into shards to serve.