Reduce your lighting bill up to 75% with LED lighting
LED lighting. Good for your budget and good for the environment
It’s never been easier to save money and lower your environmental impact - simply by switching to LED lighting in your home. Here’s why.
Great for your budget
In Australia, lighting accounts for 10% of the average household electricity budget. By replacing the lighting in and around your home with LEDs instead, you could save up to $500 a year on your energy costs. And the more lighting you have, the more you’ll save.
Great for the environment
LEDs last much longer, they don’t contain dangerous chemicals and are also recyclable. In fact, you can reduce your carbon footprint significantly simply by switching.
Here’s why LED lighting is so much better than halogen or incandescent lighting
- LED lighting is enormously energy efficient. It uses 80% less energy than halogen/incandescent bulbs.
- LEDs stay cool. 95% of the energy in LEDs is converted into light with only 5% wasted as heat. In comparison, halogen/incandescent bulbs release 90% of their energy as heat.
- LEDs will last about 10 times longer than a halogen bulb.
- LEDs don’t contain any toxic compounds or elements like mercury and are also 100% recyclable.
- LEDs are also very tough. They are made from sturdy materials and components that can stand up to harsh weather, shocks, vibrations and abrasion.
- They offer great design tips as the colour, shade, brightness and distribution of light can be controlled for soothing, uplifting or energising mood lighting.
- LED lights are bright immediately and they can also be turned off and on as many times as necessary without affecting their performance, even over the long term.
- LEDs can work with low voltages, so they’re ideal for outdoor use.
Ask your local electrician about upgrading to LED lighting.