3 red capsicums, deseeded and quartered lengthways
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
3 cloves garlic, crushed or grated
2 tbsp olive oil
6 anchovies, roughly chopped
Salt and pepper
50g mini bocconcini balls
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 160C
- Place the capsicums and tomatoes in a baking dish.
- Combine the olive oil, garlic and anchovies in a small dish and drizzle it all over the capsicums and tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for around 40 minutes.
- Add the mini bocconcini balls and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Before serving, scatter the basil leaves over the top and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Straight from the oven with crusty bread or toasted sourdough
Great as a BBQ side dish
Allow to cool and toss through mixed salad leaves. Add cooked, cooled pasta for a more substantial meal.
You can also leave out the anchovies for a vegetarian version of this dish, or substitute the mini bocconcini balls for crumbled feta if you prefer.