Simple ways to update your home with plasterboard
If you’ve got old fashioned, dark exposed brick in your home, or a ceiling and walls that have seen better days, here’s the perfect solution without having to do a major renovation.
Plasterboard is one of the most cost-effective ways of changing the look of your home’s interior.
- If your home was built in the 70s, chances are you have dark, internal exposed brick walls. A simple fix to bring you home up to date is to have them covered with plasterboard. It’s an easy solution and will create a bright new look for your home.
- Hide messy pipework or wiring behind a bulkhead for a streamlined effect.
- Bulkheads are also great for creating lighting features or built-in speaker systems.
- If you need a new ceiling, the easy and cost-effective way is to leave the old one up and have it covered with new plasterboard. There is less mess from pulling down your old ceiling and you won’t have to replace any existing insulation in your roof.
- Plasterboard has a very smooth finish and creates a high-quality surface for treatments such as paint, wallpaper, and tiles.
Always call a professional to make sure you will have a perfect, smooth finish to decorate any way you like.