There are lots of things you can include to make the most of the space you have. From carefully choosing colours and fixtures to a few visual tricks, you can use some of these ideas to make your bathroom appear bigger than it really is.
Here are 8 ideas to help your small bathroom live up to its full potential!
- Choose a white or light colour scheme. White reflects any available light and is one of the easiest ways to give your bathroom a spacious look. You can add colour with your bathroom accessories such as towels or plants.
- Choose a floating vanity. Mounting a vanity on the wall frees up floor space for small items such as storage baskets.
- Extend a shelf over the toilet cistern to create extra shelf space.
- Mount the towel rail on the back of a solid door.
- Add wall mounted taps. This allows for a smaller vanity which can free up some valuable space.
- When it comes to mirrors, big is better. A wall-to-wall or floor to ceiling mirror will reflect more light making your bathroom look bigger.
- If there isn’t room for a separate shower cubicle, install a shower/bath combination and have the best of both worlds.
- Use bright lighting. This will give the illusion of a bright, open space and is great for tasks such as shaving and applying make-up.