2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium brown onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 stock cube (chicken or veg)
200ml cream for cooking
2 tsp Dijon mustard
4 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
300g spaghetti (dry weight)
200g green beans, cut into thirds
Shaved Parmesan, lemon and black pepper, to finish
1. Grill the prosciutto for a minute or two on each side, until it’s slightly crispy.
2. Set it aside on a paper towel. Once it’s cooled, roughly chop it.
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the onion and garlic.
4. Cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft.
5. Meanwhile, crumble the stock cube into a small bowl and add the cream and mustard. Stir until combined.
6. Add the mixture to the onions and reduce heat slightly.
7. Stir and cook for a minute or two, until the stock cube has dissolved and it’s heated through.
8. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped basil and grated Parmesan. Set aside.
9. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and add the spaghetti.
10. Cook for the amount of time indicated on the packet.
11. Cook the beans with the spaghetti by placing a steamer basket over the boiling water with the lid on.
12. Steam for 2-3 minutes. If you don’t have a steamer, add the beans to the spaghetti water for the last 2 minutes of cooking.
13. Once cooked, drain most of the water off, leaving about ¼ cup in the pan.
14. Add the cream mixture to the spaghetti and green beans.
15. Stir gently over low heat until well combined and heated through.
16. To serve, place a little pasta in each bowl, followed by a handful of the prosciutto, then more pasta.
17. Finish with shaved Parmesan, black pepper and a squeeze of lemon.