Charity shops are run by volunteers and without them, these stores wouldn’t be able to operate, so they are always on the lookout for extra help. Whether it’s a few hours or a couple of days each week, it all makes a difference.
There are lots of different things you can do when you volunteer in a charity shop, so there will be something to suit your skills (or you could learn new ones).
- In the store – meeting and serving customer, and making the stores look great and run smoothly.
- Behind the scenes – help to sort donations, select, price and prepare stock to sell.
- Donation collections – collect from people are unable to take their donations to a collection point.
- Warehousing – help to keep warehouses organised and prepared for deliveries.
- Admin – respond to customer enquiries and support the admin teams.
9 great reasons to volunteer in your local charity shop
- Support the charities who support those less fortunate
- Connect with your community
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Learn new skills in retail
- Have fun with fashion!
- Help others and make a difference
- Contribute to a cause that you care about
- Use your skills in a productive way
- Teach others new skills