No matter how well trained your cat or dog is, they can all have accidents from time to time.
Try this method using natural ingredients
You'll need white vinegar, baking soda, a clean cloth and lukewarm water.
- If the stain is wet, blot any excess liquid with a cloth or kitchen paper. If the stain is already dry, dampen the cloth slightly and gently pat the stain.
- Apply equal parts vinegar and water in a spray bottle.
- Keep patting until the stain has lifted (never scrub or this will push the stain deeper into your carpet).
- Sprinkle the baking soda over the top of the damp area, work in gently and allow to dry.
- Vacuum the area thoroughly.
- Repeat as necessary for particularly stubborn stains.
You can reduce general pet smells by keeping your home well-ventilated and vacuuming your carpet regularly. You can also sprinkle baking soda over your carpet as a general freshener before vacuuming. Doing this, along with a deep clean by a professional carpet cleaner at least once a year should help to keep your carpet odour-free and in good condition for many years.