When getting quotes for your painting project, always check what type of paint is included in the quote.
Cheaper paints look fine when going on the walls wet, but by the time the paint is dry, the difference in quality and coverage is very noticeable. Invest in high-quality paint and an experienced painter and your paint job will last much longer.
5 added benefits of using high-quality, premium paint
- Easier to apply - high quality paint is easier to apply so it won’t take as long for you painter to complete the job. This is because the paint contains finer pigment particles which provide a smoother coverage and hide imperfections.
- Durable - premium paint contains better resins (also known as binders). This is what makes it stick to surfaces, making it more durable and longer lasting.
- Fewer coats required - premium paint contains thickening additives to help it provide an evenly coated brush or roller stroke. Cheap paints are thinner and so need more coats to achieve the desired coverage.
- Easier to keep clean - high quality paints are designed to resist dirt, grime and other signs of wear and tear. Cheap paints contain more solvents which make them harder to clean.
- Longer lasting - an interior paint job can last from 5 to 10 years, depending on the quality of the paint you choose. The higher quality the paint, the longer it will last, so you won’t find yourself repainting as often.