Many homeowners don’t realise their garage door requires regular maintenance to keep it in good condition – until they find themselves stuck inside or out of their garage. Garage door problems are often caused by wear and tear, due to neglect and just like your car, garage doors should be serviced every 12 months.
If you don’t look after your garage door, common problems include:
- The door moves unevenly and from side to side.
- The garage door gets stuck open or closed.
- You can hear loud noises when opening or closing the garage door.
- The remote-control door opener fails to work.
- The door falls too quickly when being lowered.
If you have a faulty garage door, don’t try to repair it yourself. There are lots of moving parts which could cause an injury if you don’t know what you’re doing. Cable or spring problems can be particularly hazardous and must always be fixed by an experienced technician.