Riverton Playgroup is a place where kids learn through play and can develop a range of skills in a safe and stimulating environment, while having great fun with new friends. It's also the perfect place for parents to get together, have a cuppa and share stories and ideas.
Riverton Playgroup is a community run group, held at Riverton Primary School in the early childhood area.
Riverton Playgroup is:
• Welcoming and friendly
• Co-operative and caring
• Supportive and respectful
• A team effort
• A safe place
• Fun and learning
• For families together
The group provides an opportunity for parents, caregivers and children to play together. It is a place for families to feel welcome and included in their local community, which builds self-esteem and confidence for children and adults alike.
The benefits of playgroup for children and adults include:
• Safe and nurturing environments where children can play and learn.
• Support for healthy early brain development through play.
• Opportunities for children to create, invent, reason and problem solve.
• Children learn social skills as they negotiate with peers, resolve conflict, take turns, share, and make friends.
• Help for children to build resilience to enable them to cope with new situations and adapt to change.
• A space where families can find new friends and social networks.
• Opportunities for adults to share time and experiences with children.
• A place where parents and caregivers can support each other.
• Affordable and regular opportunities for families to enjoy a shared outing.
The group runs every Tuesday between 9am - 10.30am. All are welcome.
Please bring a water bottle, snack, and hat for your child.
Riverton Playgroup welcomes new members, so if you like to join this fun and friendly group, please contact:
We provide a reliable source of information to connect businesses and community groups with residents in their local area.