8 signs your gutters might be blocked
They may not be the most glamourous part of your house, but they are very important!
The purpose of gutters is to catch water flow from the roof and direct it away from your home. If they become blocked, this excess water can get into your home through the roof and cause some serious internal damage which will cost big dollars.
Gutters are one of the less glamorous areas of our home that we don't think about too often - a real case of out of sight, out of mind. But keeping them free from debris is important to protect your home from damage.
Here's what to look out for:
- Water flowing over the top of the gutter
- No water coming out of drainpipes when it's raining
- Fascia damage
- Vegetation growing in your gutters
- Exterior walls are discoloured, green or mouldy
- Damage to brickwork pointing
- Watermarks or mould on your ceiling
- An increase in pest activity around your home
You can constantly be on the lookout for these signs, but the best way to make sure you never have blocked gutters is to have them cleaned on a regular basis.