8 tips for stress-free packing
Moving house can be a stressful process, so here are 8 packing tips that might make the move a bit easier.
- Keep your essentials with you – such as a change of clothes, toothbrush, toiletries, kids’ favourite toys etc.
- Put heavy items (such as books) in small boxes and light items (such as pillows) in larger ones.
- Avoid mixing items from different rooms in the same box. It will make unpacking a lot easier.
- Put paper plates in between ceramic plates to save on packing materials. You could also pack plates vertically (like in the dishwasher) as they are less likely to break.
- Keep zip lock bags handy for small objects like screws and tape them to the item of furniture they belong to.
- Plan to use the contents of your fridge/freezer/pantry before moving day.
- Leave clothes on the hangers and wrap in a garbage bag.
- Take a picture of the back of your TV so you know where all the cables go!