When it comes to trees, bigger isn't always better
If you have a tree in your garden that has outgrown its space, it will need to be reduced in size to stop it from causing damage - especially if it is close to your house. It's better to do this sooner, rather than later. The longer you leave it, the harder it will be to prune and the less likely it will be to recover.
Limiting tree size can be tricky so it's best to call your local tree expert to ensure both you and your tree are safe. A good rule of thumb is if you need a ladder to prune the tree, you need to call a professional!
Here's why professional pruning is important for your tree:
- It's the healthiest way to maintain an ideal tree height and keep your trees structure sound.
- Carefully selected branches will be pruned to prevent them from becoming dangerous to people and property.
- They will remove dead, diseased, torn or crossing branches which are dangerous.
- Different types of trees need different methods of pruning.
- Pruning can be stressful for the tree if not done correctly.
- Cutting off a significant amount from your tree when you don't know what you're doing can weaken the tree and make it unsafe. While the limbs will grow back, they might be much weaker and prone to breaking off.
- Tree services professionals have the correct safety equipment and expertise for the job.
And remember, the best way to prevent a tree from becoming too big in the first place is regular maintenance from a tree services professional.