There are lots of DIY jobs that you can do around the home but installing pool fencing shouldn't be one of them.
A properly installed pool fence, along with proper supervision is what will keep your family safe.
Generally speaking, pool fencing must:
- Be made from durable materials
- Be at least 1.2 metres high
- Have no climbable objects (trees, furniture etc.) within 1.2 metres of the fence
- Not be more than 10cm off the ground
- The gap between palings or panels cannot be more than 10cm wide
- You also have to make sure that the gate is balanced correctly for easy self-closing and self-latching
Your local fencing professional will be aware of the pool fencing regulations and have all the tools and experience to complete the job properly. They will make sure your pool fencing is fully compliant to keep everyone safe.