Summer will be here before we know it and along with it, the warmer weather. One of the most cost-effective ways you can prepare for the hot summer is to install block out curtains and/or blinds.
Block out curtains and blinds can:
- Block any kind of light - from natural daylight to bright and annoying streetlights. This is especially useful for shift workers who are trying to get to sleep during the day.
- Lower your energy bills by cutting the amount of sunlight and heat that gets into your home. As a result, your air-conditioner won't have to work overtime.
- Dampen noise from outside. The thick fabric used in both the curtains and blinds means extra noise insulation.
- Increase your privacy by blocking the view into your home.
- Protect your home's furnishings - such as carpets and sofas from fading due to damaging UV rays.
Always use a curtains and blinds professional to make sure they are measured and installed correctly, or you could find yourself with gaps where the light can get through.