Coffee and carpets are not a good combination. But spills do happen and the best way to remove a stain is to act quickly. The faster you get onto it, the more successful you will be.
- Blot up as much of the liquid as possible with a paper towel or clean white cloth.
- Mix 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water and spray onto the stain.
- Gently blot the stain again.
- Next, mix 1 tablespoon of clear dishwashing liquid with 2 cups of water and spray onto the stain.
- Gently blot stain again.
- Alternate between vinegar and dish washing liquid solutions until stain has been removed.
- Finish by spraying clean water to the area to remove the vinegar and dishwashing liquid residue.
- Blot dry.
- Never rub your carpet and always blot from the outside of the stain moving into the middle.
If this doesn’t work or the coffee stain has dried into your carpet, your best bet is a professional carpet cleaner. They have the equipment and experience to remove the stain quickly and easily.