How to unshrink your clothes
We’ve all done it. Tossed an item of clothing into the wash without checking the label and it comes out a smaller version of what went in. But all is not lost. There is a way you can ‘unshrink’ some items of clothing.
You will need:
Small bucket or container
1 tbsp hair conditioner
- Add 1 tbsp of conditioner to the bucket or container filled with the warm water, mixing the conditioner into the water as much as possible.
- Completely soak your shrunken garment in the water/conditioner and leave it in the bucket for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze out any excess water, but don't rinse the clothing.
- Lay the clothing on a dry towel and roll the towel, squeezing out as much remaining water as you can, so that it is damp rather than wet.
- Lay the clothing on another dry flat towel. As you position it on the towel, stretch it gently back to its pre-shrunk size.
- Air dry before wearing.