Whether you have split system or ducted air conditioning, the benefits of regular, servicing by a qualified and licensed professional are the same. It will mean it's less likely to break down when you need it the most.
The 3 main benefits of having your air conditioner serviced on a regular basis:
To save money
- An air conditioner's filters and coils need regular maintenance for the unit to function effectively and efficiently.
- Neglecting necessary maintenance will result in a steady decline of air conditioning performance and a steady increase of your energy bills.
- You will save money of the cost of repairs when your system eventually breaks down (which it will if you don't have it serviced!)
To protect your health
- Without proper maintenance, your system can become dirty and unhealthy from a build-up of mould and bacteria, which you don't want circulated around your home.
- This is especially important if you have a family member that suffers from asthma or allergies.
To make your air conditioner last longer
- Having your air conditioner professionally serviced on a regular basis can extend the overall life of your system.
- Air conditioners should last for 10+ years before needing a replacement.
- Your system will only last this long if you look after it properly with regular servicing.