Regular servicing is not just for cars
Air conditioners, like any other mechanical equipment, require regular maintenance and proper care. So, you should treat your air conditioner like your car, and have it serviced on a regular basis.
Whether you have split system or ducted air conditioning, the benefits of regular, servicing by a qualified and licensed professional are the same. It will mean it's less likely to break down when you need it the most.
The 3 main benefits of having your air conditioner serviced on a regular basis:
To save money
- An air conditioner's filters and coils need regular maintenance for the unit to function effectively and efficiently.
- Neglecting necessary maintenance will result in a steady decline of air conditioning performance and a steady increase of your energy bills.
- You will save money of the cost of repairs when your system eventually breaks down (which it will if you don't have it serviced!)
To protect your health
- Without proper maintenance, your system can become dirty and unhealthy from a build-up of mould and bacteria, which you don't want circulated around your home.
- This is especially important if you have a family member that suffers from asthma or allergies.
To make your air conditioner last longer
- Having your air conditioner professionally serviced on a regular basis can extend the overall life of your system.
- Air conditioners should last for 10+ years before needing a replacement.
- Your system will only last this long if you look after it properly with regular servicing.