Here’s are 8 reasons why skirting boards are an essential part of your home.
- Skirting boards are used to cover a joint between the flooring and the wall.
- They are used to add a decorative, architectural feature to your home.
- They protect the bottom of your walls from everyday wear and tear, such as damage from vacuum cleaners, furniture, pets and kids banging their toys into the wall!
- If your home features timber flooring, skirting boards will conceal the gap between the floorboards and wall which is for expansion and contraction of the boards.
- They provide an effortless flow between rooms.
- They can be made into a feature of your home.
- Skirting boards are a relatively small expense to add value to your home.
- If you are selling your home, details such as skirting boards can be a sign that your home is well-looked after, which will appeal to potential buyers.
Always contact your local, experienced carpenter to install your skirting boards. A DIY job might not turn out the way you expected and have a negative effect on the look and value of your home.