1 large leek
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp butter
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed
2 tbsp red curry paste
1 litre chicken or veg stock
1 cup coconut cream
1. In a stock pot on low heat, sauté the leeks and garlic in the butter until soft and translucent, about 10 minutes.
2. Increase the heat and add the curry paste. Let it fry 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the sweet potatoes and stock and bring to a simmer with the lid on.
4. Simmer until the sweet potatoes are cooked through, about 20 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat and add the coconut cream.
6. Blend with a stick blender or food processor until smooth.
7. Season to taste and add more stock if you prefer a thinner consistency.
8. Reheat if necessary before serving.