TV wall mounting – why you shouldn’t DIY!
So, you're thinking of mounting your TV on the wall? Here are 4 great reasons why you should leave it to the experts!
TV wall mounting might seem like an easy job, but it can be quite complicated.
You need to consider:
- The weight of your TV.
- The type of wall you're mounting it on.
- The height and angle at which you want it to be positioned.
DIY TV wall mounting requires specific tools and hardware:
- Do you have a stud finder, a level, and the right screws and bolts for your wall type? If not, you'll need to buy or rent them.
- This adds to the cost of your project and could end up being more expensive than if you had hired a professional.
TV wall mounting can be dangerous if you don't have experience doing it:
- You'll need to climb a ladder or step stool to reach the spot where you want to mount your TV. If you're not comfortable with heights, this could be risky.
- If you don't secure the TV properly, it could fall and injure someone.
Hiring a professional might save you money in the long run:
- If you damage your TV or your wall during the DIY process, you'll need to pay for repairs or replacement.
So, while DIY TV wall mounting might seem like a good idea, save yourself the hassle and hire a professional instead – your TV and your wall will thank you!