Why burglars prefer sliding doors
Is your sliding door the weak link in your home security? Making your sliding doors secure is a must. Here's why.
Sliding doors are common in Perth as they let in more natural light and ventilation than a traditional hinged door. Unfortunately, a sliding door can also be the easiest way for a burglar to enter your home.
- Sliding glass doors use latches, not locks which can break easily.
- Sliding doors can be easily lifted off their tracks, without using any tools.
- Sliding doors also tend to be hidden from view at the side or back of a home, which is the perfect place for a burglar to break in unseen.
- The wide expanse of glass in a sliding door can be broken easily.
There are things you can do to reduce your risk of a break in
- Cut back trees and bushes that may give an intruder cover from the street or your neighbours.
- Make sure that your sliding door catch is working properly.
- Add a security screen to your sliding door. This will provide extra security and provide a visual deterrent for any would-be burglars.
Your local security screens experts will be able to discuss your needs and suggest the perfect solution for your home and your budget.