Why metal roofs are a good green choice
If you want to reduce your environmental impact, here are 7 benefits to choosing a metal roof.
A metal roof is the most environmentally friendly solution for your home. Here's why:
- Metal roofing has a minimal carbon footprint and can last up to two to three times as long as other roofing materials.
- Metal roofing is naturally more energy efficient and can save homeowners up to 40% per cent on their yearly energy costs.
- A metal looks great and will last for around 50 years.
- New metal roofs contain recycled metal from anywhere between 25%-95%.
- The metal can also be recycled again at the end of its life.
- A light-coloured metal roof can also reduce energy expenditure and make your home up to 10 degrees cooler than a dark-coloured roof.
- Metal roof materials rarely become waste in a landfill.