8 ways to make garden camping a success:
- Make a rule to stay outside (unless using the bathroom) by making sure you have everything you need to spend the night in your tent.
- Fill up your tent with all the creature comforts you usually wouldn’t bother dragging out to the campsite like plush cushions, pillows, doonas and blankets to give it a cosy atmosphere.
- Make sure you have enough mattresses or mats for a comfortable sleeping experience for everyone.
- Hang battery-operated fairly lights around the tent for some extra magic.
- Have a ‘no screens’ policy – and this includes parents!
- You can play board games or read books by torchlight.
- Toast marshmallows over your fire pit if you have one (stick to your local fire safety laws).
- Pause your garden sprinkler timer so you don't get a rude awakening in the morning!
And if it all goes a bit pear-shaped, you are only a stone’s throw away from your own beds!
Try this classic S’mores recipe
S’mores are a delicious campfire treat popular and perfect for using your toasted marshmallows. You will need:
- Wheatmeal or digestive biscuits
- Chocolate – dark or milk, whichever you prefer
Toast your marshmallows over the fire and then sandwich together with the chocolate and biscuits for a gooey, delicious treat.
You could also use chocolate digestive biscuits and then you won’t need the extra chocolate (or have double chocolate for a super-special treat!)