2 tsp dried yeast
1 tsp sugar
100g butter, melted
3 eggs, separated
1. Warm 1/4 cup of the milk to room temperature and stir in the yeast and sugar. Set aside.
2. Place the rest of the milk in a large bowl and add the flour, melted butter and egg yolks. Whisk until smooth.
3. Add the yeast mix which should now be bubbling slightly.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until peaks form, then very gently fold them into the mix.
5. Rest the mix for 45 minutes for best results.
6. Ladle batter into your waffle iron and cook over medium heat until browned and crisp. Serve with your favourite waffle toppings.