Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
4 spring onions
2 cloves garlic
110g salted cashew nuts
1 red chilli (de-seeded)
500g lean pork or beef mince
Zest and juice of 1 lime
Bunch fresh coriander (finely chopped)
1. Place spring onions, garlic, nuts and chilli into a food processor and finely chop.
2. Put into a large bowl with the pork/beef, zest and juice of lime and the coriander.
3. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients and shape the mixture into burgers.
4. Cook for 5-6 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
5. Serve the burgers on rolls with salad greens, avocado and onion jam or sweet chilli sauce.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Makes 1 large jar - use to add flavour to sandwiches and cheese platters, or even on pizza bases!
2 tbsp olive oil
6 medium onions (roughly chopped)
2 cinnamon sticks (whole)
5 x star anise (whole)
3 cloves garlic (crushed)
5cm ginger (finely sliced)
¾ cup balsamic vinegar
340g raw sugar
400g tin of crushed tomatoes
1. Heat oil and fry onions with cinnamon, star anise, garlic and ginger until golden.
2. Add vinegar and sugar, simmer until reduced by a third.
3. Add the tomatoes, simmer very slowly for a further 1 hour (or until thick & sticky).
4. Transfer to a sterilised jar, refrigerate and use as required.