Makes 20-24 biscuits
150g plain flour
100g oats (quick or rolled)
100g desiccated coconut
125g soft brown sugar
150g butter (cut into cubes)
100g golden syrup
1 tsp bi-carb soda
- Prepare 2 baking sheets with baking paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Place the flour, oats, desiccated coconut and brown sugar into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the butter and golden syrup into a saucepan and stir over gentle heat until the butter has melted.
- Add the bicarb to the saucepan - the mixture will fizz up, give it a stir.
- Add the fizzing mixture to the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Place balls of the mixture (1 tbsp each) onto the baking trays and flatten into discs. Leave space between them for the dough to spread.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Tip: do 1 tray at a time, that way if you happen to mistime the first batch you can get the second one perfect.
- Remove from oven (they will be soft at this stage) and allow to harden a little before transferring to a cooling rack.