All you need is:
- Shaving cream
- Elmer's school glue
- Food colouring
To make your puffy paint:
- Put equal amounts of shaving cream and glue into a ziplock bag (we found it easier to spray the shaving foam into a bowl first and measure it out from there)
- Add a few drops of food colouring
- Seal the bag and squish the contents to mix thoroughly - an added bonus is that all the mess is kept inside the bag!
- Once mixed, make a tiny snip in the corner off the bag and squeeze it out like icing, to create a masterpiece!
You will need quite thick, stiff paper so the foam doesn’t soak through. The foam will dry and solidify overnight.
You can make your whole picture with the foam paint or add it to an existing painting – such as putting fluffy clouds on a landscape.
4 puffy paint projects
- Make your own, extra special birthday and Christmas cards
- Decorate plain Christmas baubles to hand on your tree
- Paint strips of coloured card to make bookmarks to give as gifts
- Decorate your windows for special events such as Halloween (skeletons, witches and pumpkins) and Christmas (snowmen and snowflakes), or just make a bright and colourful rainbow - the paint will peel off afterwards