Easy and Delicious Baked Chicken Bites
These are simple to make and a healthier alternative to processed chicken nuggets from your local drive through (and as a bonus, they are perfect for the lunch box!).
- 500g chicken mince
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- Place the chicken mince in a large bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a frypan and add the onions and garlic. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the onion mixture and the rest of the ingredients to the chicken mince and mix well.
- Shape tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place onto an oiled baking tray. Using the back of a spatula (or your hands), flatten the balls into a disc shape.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning halfway.
- Serve hot or cold