200g caster sugar
150g ground almonds
1½ tsp gluten free baking powder*
3 eggs, lightly whisked
2 lemons (zest of both, juice of just one)
*use regular baking powder if you don't need to eat gluten-free
2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
100g pure icing sugar
1 lemon(zest only)
- Preheat oven to 160ºC and grease a loaf tin..
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the rest of the loaf ingredients and stir to make a smooth batter.
- Pour into the tin, smooth the top and bake for 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean. After the first 30 minutes the top should be nicely browned so cover it with foil to prevent further colouring.
- Allow loaf to cool in the tin before turning out.
- Whisk the frosting ingredients together and drizzle over the cooled loaf. Enjoy!