You will need
- Clear glass beads with a smooth flat bottom
- Photos, drawings or images from magazines, gift wrap etc.
- Magnets (the larger the glass bead, the larger the magnet will have to be to hold it in place)
- Strong, all-purpose adhesive
- Place glass bead over the image and trace around. Cut out.
- Place image right side up and apply a blob of glue to the centre.
- Press bead gently down onto the glue. The glue will spread to the edges. Leave to dry.
- Glue a magnet onto the back and allow to dry before using.
- Use good quality strong magnets that are able to hold the weight of the glass bead once it is stuck to the fridge.
- Select beads that have little or no flaws on the flat bottom.
- Cut the images small enough so that they don't overhang the flat bottom of the glass bead. Images will be magnified under the bead.
More magnet ideas
Try using other items to create decorative fridge magnets.
- Children's puzzle pieces
- Vintage buttons
- Old Scrabble pieces