Aussie Bread Tags for Wheelchairs
This charity collects plastic bread-bag tags in WA. The tags are recycled locally, raising funds to buy wheelchairs for disadvantaged people in South Africa. You can drop them off at one of their collection points, or you could go one step further and become a collection point yourself at home, school or work.
Visit Aussie Bread Tags for Wheelchairs to find out more
Recycling company TerraCycle will also take plastic bread bag tags.
- Collect used plastic bread-bag tags until you have at least 1kg.
- When you are ready to send in a shipment, download a shipping label from the TerraCycle website (you will need to set up an account and then click ‘Request a postage label’ and follow the prompts).
- Print out your label and tape it securely onto your parcel.
- Drop it off at your nearest post office for shipping to TerraCycle.
6 ideas for giving your bread bag tags a bit of extra life before recycling them.
- Attach to your power cord cables so you know which belongs to which appliance.
- They make great mini scrapers to remove stickers from jars and other surfaces.
- Use as markers in your garden to label plants and herbs.
- Clip onto your spare keys so you know which is which.
- Stick one on the end of your roll of tape as a marker.
- Wind your ear buds neatly around a bread tag to avoid getting them tangled.
Visit Terracycle to find out more