Kaffir Lime Chicken with Mango Salad
4 chicken breast fillets
16 fresh kaffir lime leaves, centre vein removed, coarsely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3 tbs fresh lime juice
2 tbs peanut oil
160 ml light coconut milk
4 fresh kaffir lime leaves, centre vein removed, coarsely chopped
1 large chilli, finely sliced, seeds removed
2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways, sliced diagonally
1 mango, skin removed, diced
1 cup fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
1/4 red onion, finely sliced
1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
1/3 cup fresh Thai basil, torn
- Make the marinade: Combine the lime leaves, garlic, lime juice and peanut oil in a medium glass or ceramic bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 4-6 hours to marinate.
- Make the salad: Place the cucumber, mango, onion, coriander, mint and basil in a large bowl, and gently toss to combine.
- Make the dressing: Combine the coconut milk, chilli and extra lime leaves in a small bowl.
- Preheat a large frying pan or barbecue grill on medium-high. Drain the chicken and cook until golden and cooked through. Allow chicken to rest for a few minutes, then slice into smaller pieces.
- Toss chicken and salad together. Spoon over the coconut milk dressing to serve. (For a variation of the recipe, try prawns instead of chicken.)