175g butter, softened
85g soft brown sugar
1 tsp almond extract
225g plain flour
75g dried cranberries
1. Cream together the butter, sugar and almond extract until light and fluffy.
2. Mix in the flour, then add the pistachios and cranberries.
3. Using your hands, bring the mixture together into a dough.
4. Split the dough into two halves and shape each one into a log about 6cm diameter.
5. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for at least an hour.
6. Using a sharp knife, cut the logs into 1cm slices and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
7. No need to leave too much space in between as the biscuits won’t spread.
8. Bake at 160C for 12-14 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and allow the biscuits to cool completely on the tray (they will harden as they cool).