140g butter, softened
85g caster sugar
225g plain flour, sifted
1 tsp mixed spice
2 egg yolks
1 orange (zest only)
85g dark chocolate - orange flavour
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add the flour, mixed spice, egg yolks and orange zest.
3. Stir to combine, then lightly work the mixture into a smooth dough.
4. Roll the dough into balls (about 20g each) and arrange on the baking trays.
5. Using a fork, gently press down on the top of each ball to create ridges.
6. Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
8. Melt the chocolate in a small bowl placed over a pan of hot water.
9. Dip one end of each biscuit into the chocolate then arrange on tray lined with baking paper.
10. Refrigerate until set.