5 reasons to service your air conditioner before the summer rush!
We’re still having stormy and cold weather, but summer will be here before we know it. But is your air conditioner ready? Here are 5 reasons why you should have it serviced sooner rather than later.
- Air conditioning experts get busy when summer arrives. This is when we start to switch on our air conditioners and find that they aren’t working efficiently or don’t work at all.
- An air conditioning service is also important for your family’s health, especially after a long break over winter. Without proper maintenance, your system can become dirty and unhealthy from a build-up of mould and bacteria, which you don’t want circulated around your home.
- When dust and debris are captured and trapped over time, airflow is restricted which means the unit has to work harder to cool, costing you more money over the long term.
- You wouldn’t expect your car to perform at its best without a regular service, and neither will your air-conditioning system. Having it serviced before summer can spot smaller problems before they become big ones just when you need it the most.
- If your air-conditioner has a major problem, it’s best to know now rather than on a 40-degree day when it might break down completely. This will give you time to have a new one installed, so your home will be comfortable for our long, hot summer.