Dry Clean Only labels – why you shouldn’t ignore them
If you bundle all your clothes into the washing machine regardless of the 'dry clean only’ instructions – here are 7 reasons why it could end in tears!
- Some garments will shrink 2-3 sizes or more
- Some items might stretch out of shape (such as jumpers)
- Washing silk (even handwashing) can change the lustre and drape of the fabric
- The fabric or lining can tear
- If the garment has lace, beading or embroidery, it can loosen
- The colours can bleed, so you could end up with a tie-dye effect which may not be the look you are going for!
- Fabric textures can change and stiffen
So, unless you want to ruin your favourite dress or jacket – you should do what it says on the label!
Here are more great ideas to keep your clothes in tip-top condition: