DIY bowling for kids – the perfect at-home game!
If you’re looking for a fun activity to do at home with the kids – make your own bowling pins from empty plastic bottles and then turn your home or garden into a bowling alley!
You will need
- Plastic bottles with lids – all the same size
- Sand or water (to stabilise the bottles when standing)
- Round balls – such as a tennis ball for smaller bottles or a soccer ball for larger ones.
Things to decorate the bottles (optional) such as:
- Coloured paper
- Acrylic paint
- Remove the lids from your bottles and give them a rinse.
- You could paint the bottles different colours or decorate the bottles with funny faces or patterns. You could also paint number on the bottles and have different points for each you knock over.
- Once you’ve finished customising your bowling pins, fill them 1/3 of the way with sand or water to weigh them down.
- Put the lids back on the bottles (you can secure them with tape or glue).
- Start bowling!
Arrange your ‘bowling pins’ any way you like. You can make up your own rules with your kids – the distance they have to stand when bowling the ball, how many throws they get etc. You could also try bowling on different surfaces, such as on a paved area, on the lawn or down the hallway inside your home.