- Park further away from work or get off the bus a couple of stops early and walk the rest of the way.
- Set your timer to stand up and do a few minutes stretching every hour.
- Use the stairs instead of lifts and escalators.
- If you are at work and talking on the phone, stand up and walk around.
- Rather than doing the housework in one session, break it up into smaller chores every day.
- If you are watching a movie on commercial TV – get up during the commercial breaks and stretch.
- Fidget! Jiggle those legs and wriggle around in your chair!
- Go for a walking catch-up with friends.
- Move around while you’re sitting – do some arm circles or shoulder shrugs.
- Put on your favourite music and dance around the house! A great, fun activity to do with the kids.
- Put your socks and shoes on standing up rather than sitting down (great for improving your balance too).
- Eat your breakfast standing up.
Don’t just stand there!
Exercise your calf muscles while brushing your teeth, washing dishes or standing in a queue.
- Place your feet flat on the floor
- Rise up onto the balls of your feet
- Hold for two seconds, then drop back down
- Repeat 20, 30 or more times.