- Reduce screen brightness – one of the easiest ways to conserve battery power.
- If Wi-Fi is available, use that instead of 4G/5G. Wi-Fi uses up to to 40% less power for internet browsing.
- Turn on smart battery modes. All modern mobile devices have a smart battery saving mode (e.g. Android has power saving mode and iOS has low power mode). This will modify usage for different apps, screen brightness and notifications to reduce energy consumption.
- Turn off location services until you need them.
- Limit camera use as this can drain your battery.
- Turn off app notifications or change your settings to only receive the ones you want.
- Turn off automatic downloads.
- Delete any apps you don’t use.
You can also check your battery usage in your settings and see which apps are using the battery the most. Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram are major culprits.