It’s never been easier to stay in touch; but research has shown that receiving a handwritten note or card makes people feel far more special and cared about than receiving emails or texts. And if the card is homemade, it makes it even more special. So, put away technology for a while and get back to basics by making ‘hello’ cards with your kids.
These cards don’t have to be for a special occasion, it’s just about saying ‘hello, I hope you’re having a lovely day’ and doing something nice for someone else.
It’s a great way of spreading a little kindness and teaching your kids that it’s the little things that make all the difference.
7 great reasons for sending a ‘hello’ card
- Someone has just moved into your street
- Good neighbours are worth their weight in gold, so say thanks for being a great neighbour
- A family who has a new baby
- Someone who’s been living in your street for years, but you’ve never really said hello
- Making connections with other families in your street with kids of the same age
- An older person who lives alone
- No reason – just to brighten someone’s day